The Timberview Band Parents Booster Board of Directors will issue two (2), $500 scholarships each year to eligible graduating seniors of the Timberview High School Band Program. This scholarship will be based on band participation, application, and essay. The deadline for submission of the scholarship application is Friday, May 2, 2014.
MINIMUM ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS
Applicant must be a Timberview High School senior who has NO outstanding band fees, is a member of the band/color guard, and who:
- Has been in band/color guard for all four years at Timberview High School (**new students or students with less than 4 years at Timberview, must provide a letter of recommendation from their previous Band Director)
- Participates in performances, fundraisers and activities
- Has a 3.0 GPA or above
- Can show evidence of acceptance to an accredited college, community college, university, trade/technical school. Applicants DO NOT have to declare music related major for eligibility
- Submit a typed 500 word essay (double spaced, size 12 font and spell checked for error).
- Complete application with all requested documentation. Late or incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Two letters of recommendation, one from a school source (teacher, counselor, administrator, etc.) and a personal letter (family friend, pastor, employer, etc)
- A letter of acceptance, copy of the signature page of the admission application, or comparable documentation to demonstrate intent to attend college, universities, community colleges, or technical/trade schools
- Completed (typed) essay
- A recent photo (4 x 6)
- Unofficial transcript
- Do Not Fold application. Submit application with all documentation SEALED in large envelope.
ANNOUNCEMENT AND PAYMENT
Recipients will be announced at the THS Band Banquet on May 24th, scholarship money will be paid directly to the student.
A copy of the instructions and application is attached to this posting and is also posted on the THS Band Website under the Documents & Forms Tab. Please don’t delay as the deadline is in a little over two weeks. We look forward to receiving and reviewing your applications and we wish the nest in your future endeavors!!
Timberview Band Parents Booster Board of Directors