Timberview Wolf Band Percussion Group agenda for the 2014 HEB Drumline Clinic & Contest at HEB Pennington Field, 1501 Central Drive, Bedford.
We will be using MISD vehicles to transport equipment to and from the competition. Because of this, the drumline will not be staying for the entire competition.
- Students should bring a sack lunch with them for after the morning rehearsal.
- Dinner will be provided at the stadium, after the performance.
- We will be wearing the full uniform, so have all parts and accessories (shoes, black socks, etc). We will not be wearing the shakos (uniform hats).
- After our performance and dinner break, we will enter the stadium to watch a few groups (including Mansfield HS). Students will wear band shirt and Khaki shorts into the stadium, so be sure to have them.
- Any and all parent help (Pit Dads and Moms) would be very appreciated!
Saturday’s Itinerary at the HEB Clinic & Drumline Contest
9:00 a.m: Arrive at THS Band Hall for warm-up
9:45 a.m: Run Through with full ensemble
10:30 a.m: Load MISD Trucks for transport to stadium
11:00 a.m: Eat Bag Lunch that you bring with you at school
11:30 a.m: Change into half uniform pants
12:30 p.m: Leave THS for Pennington Field – Bedford
1:15 p.m: Arrive at HEB and unload band truck & tune
– Restroom break
– Put on complete uniform
2:15 p.m: Be in position to roll into scheduled warm-up
2:20 p.m: Warm-Up in stadium parking lot (Pit will need the generator)
2:45 p.m: “Lot Performance ” for Judge Jeff Ausdemore
3:05 p.m: Move all instruments/equipment from parking lot and transition to Pennington Field
3:15 p.m: THS Drumline Stadium Performance for Judges Scott Johnson & Dr. Brian West
3:40 p.m: Performance Critique by judges then clear stadium field and return to parking lot
4:00 p.m: Change into THS show shirt and khaki shorts. Load all equipment & instruments onto MISD trucks
5:00 p.m: Eat dinner at Buses / Truck area (Dinner provided)
5:45 p.m: ALL go into stadium together to watch a few stadium performances. We will all wear same t-shirt, khakis and band shoes into the stadium and all sit as a group. If you would like to go to the Lone Star booth or the concessions, this will be the opportunity.
– Mansfield HS (6A Novice) 5:55 p.m.
– Irving HS (6A Novice) 6:20 p.m.
– North Mesquite (6A Advanced) 6:45 p.m.
7:10 p.m: Leave stadium and load onto buses
7:30 p.m: Depart for Timberview
8:30 p.m: Arrive at Timberview band hall
– Unload bus and truck and set-up equipment completely in SBH head home
9:00 p.m: Dismissed from THS (Parents please pick up your students promptly after a very long day).
Percussion Students: Things You Will Need To Bring For Contest
– Show Shirt
– Shorts (thin athletic type) to wear under uniform
– Black Marching Shoes
– Black Wristbands
– Khaki shorts (for after our performance)
– Extra money for additional food, contest t-shirts, souvenirs, etc.
HEB Drumline Contest Parking Lot Performance & Stadium Flow Diagram