The THS Band Banquet is almost here. It will be on Saturday, May 25th from 6 – 10 pm in the Timberview High Commons. If you still need some volunteer points, you can earn some by volunteering to help! Some preparation activities begin next week so please contact Jennifer Reilly as soon as possible if you can help in in any of the following areas listed below:
May 13th – May 17th: Starts at 2:55 p.m. and ends at 3:30 p.m. each afternoon in the THS band hall.
Set up Crew:
Starts at 8:00 a.m. on May 25th and should last around 6 hours. Tables need to be set up and decorated, decorations hung, balloons blown up, arch way assembled, and photo booth will need to be assembled. If you can only make the first 3 hours or just the last 3 hours, that would be fine. Any help is appreciated.
Chaperones during the banquet:
Starts at 6:00 p.m. on May 25th and lasts until 10:00 p.m. in the THS Commons.
SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS FOR CHAPERONES: Everyone that volunteers with the kids this year has to scan their drivers license through the Raptor system at Timberview. You only need to do this once for the 2012-2013 school year. If you have ever visited THS during open hours they scan your license at the front desk and give you a sticker to wear in the building. When they scan your license it runs it through a quick background check called Raptor. If you have not ran through Raptor during the 2012-13 year you need to do the following if you want to chaperone.
To get your background check in person:
- Call the THS front office at 817-299-2600 to see if the Raptor system is working before you make the drive up to the school. The system has been on a roller coaster ride this year. Some days it is working and other days it is down.
- Visit the school during school hours. They open at 6:55 am and close at 3:05 pm. The receptionist informed me that there will even be someone there at lunchtime.
- Go up to the front reception desk.
- Tell that person you are a volunteer for the band and need to scan your license for a background check. They will be keeping a master list of all the volunteers that have been scanned in. Keep the sticker that they give you. I can collect it and keep it in my binder.
If you are not able to stop by the school during open hours you have 3 options:
- You can scan a copy of your license. Fax it to the band hall at 817-472-2986 and someone will run it through the Raptor system for you.
- You can email firstname.lastname@example.org a copy of your license and someone will run it through the Raptor system for you.
- You can also make a copy of your license and bring it in to the band hall office after school hours.
If you have any questions feel free to e-mail me at: email@example.com
Clean Up Crew:
This will start at 10:00 p.m. immediately following the banquet. It should only last an hour and a half at the most.
Thank you for your continued help and support of the Timberview Wolf Band. Any help is greatly appreciated. We wouldn’t be able to do all of this for the kids without you. Please contact me as soon as possible at my e-mail if you would like to volunteer at: firstname.lastname@example.org
2012-2013 THS Band Chaperone Coordinator