Timberview Wolf Band Percussion Group agenda for the 2013 North Texas Drumline Clinic & Contest at McKinney ISD Ron Poe Stadium, 1 Duval Street, McKinney.
Parents, once again, if you would like to help with moving equipment during the on-field performance, please let Mr. Wellman know so that he can plan accordingly. This will be a timed contest and we need to move equipment quickly so as to avoid penalties.The schedule is quite a bit earlier, so please be aware of the times for this week.
If you are planning to go and help us move equipment please be aware that we will need to move twice as the clinic and performance locations are different. Helpers should be there no later than 9:00 am. As always parents are more than welcome to ride the bus to and from the event.
7:00 a.m: Arrive at THS Band Hall with all materials & eat breakfast before arriving
7:30 a.m: Load THS Band Truck & Bus and leave for McKinney
8:30 a.m: Arrive at Ron Poe Stadium & unload truck and set-up equipment
9:40 a.m: Percussion clinic in designated area
10:15 a.m: Move back to THS band truck
10:30 a.m: Snack & change into full uniform
11:10 a.m: Warm-Up in stadium parking lot
11:40 a.m: Move all instruments/equipment onto Ron Poe Stadium Field
12 noon: THS Drumline Performance
12:20 p.m: Clear field and return to parking lot
– Put equipment beside truck and go back to stadium for awards ceremony
12:45 p.m: Awards ceremony
– Seniors and Section Leaders dress back in full uniform for awards presentation
1:00 p.m: Change into kacki, show shirt & tennis shoes & eat lunch
1:30 p.m: Load THS Band Truck
2:00 p.m: Load Bus leave for Timberview
3:00 p.m. approx: Arrive at Timberview Band Hall
- Unload bus and truck and head home (Parents please pick up your students promptly after a long day).
Percussion Students: Things You Will Need To Bring For Contest
– Show Shirt
– Shorts (thin athletic type) to wear under uniform
– Black Marching Shoes
– Black Wristbands
– Drum Pad for bus
– Stick Tape
– Khaki shorts (for after our performance)
– Tennis Shoes (for after our performance)
– Extra money for additional food, contest t-shirts, souvenirs, etc.
Any questions see Mr or Mrs Wellman